Pinello Elementary is pleased to announce that we have implemented Panther University. The primary goal of Panther University is to motivate students to read, to enjoy reading , every day for at least 15 minutes. Daily reading is an integral part of your child’s education and is expected by each of the teachers at our school. We know that you and your child will want to be a part of this great program!
The Panther University incentive program works in this way:
- Blank reading charts will be sent home by your child’s classroom teacher. Please use the appropriate grade level sheet for recording.
- Students need to read or be read to at least 15 minutes a day (weekends and holidays included). All minutes MUST be calculated and totaled at the top of the chart to receive credit.
- The student’s full name, teacher’s name, month of the year, and minutes read per day/total minutes for the month must be included on each chart. Please note there is a section to fill out at the bottom of each chart.
- Parents: Please verify that your child has read and/or been read to by tracking the minutes each day on the line of the chart. When a Panther University chart is completed, return it to your child’s classroom teacher. Twenty-five (25) days need to be completed each month.
- A completed chart is due on the 1st day of the following month. Late sheets will be accepted after the 5th school day of the following month giving every family 5 grace days to remember to turn it in to their classroom teacher.
- Students will receive a University Degree for the required minutes completed. The entire Panther University program consists of 7 charts, October through April. Each chart can earn the student at least 375 minutes.
- 750 minutes = High School Diploma, charm
- 1,500 minutes = Associate’s Degree, charm
- 2,250 minutes = Bachelor’s Degree, charm plus prize
- 2,625 minutes = Master’s Degree, charm plus prize
- 3,000 minutes = Doctorate Degree, charm plus entered into the end of the year drawing
- If a student has reached 3,000 minutes, every time he/she reads 375 minutes their name will be entered again into the end of the year drawing.
Have a great time reading with your child!